- With all of the names floating around the country in the dying embers of the transfer window, it was a huge shock for me to see Oscar Gobern head away from Loftus Road, so shortly after arriving in London. The 24-year old motorized midfielder linked up with Doncaster Rovers of League One, a division he has avoided since his promotion with Huddersfield Town in 2012. With Rovers languishing in 14th place, Gobern could be the man to ignite their season, and get them motoring towards their ultimate goal. Promotion.
- The signing of Andy Kellett from Bolton Wanderers adds much needed meat to a struggling Wigan Athletic. The Latics were many Bookies favourites to top the table by May, but a sluggish start has left them with ground to make up already. Keeping a watertight rearguard will be key to their progress and the arrival of the former Manchester United loanee will certainly help this cause.
- Clubs have been circling promising midfielder Ryan Woods for months now and it was Brentford who finally acquired his services with seconds remaining in this season’s summer window. He was subject of two bids from Premier League side West Ham earlier in the summer, which is hardly surprising considering his immaculate performances last term that earned him a place in the PFA League Two team of the year.
- Nathan Byrne’s opening day 16 minute hat-trick attracted the attention of many potential suitors but it was ultimately Wolves that prevailed and gained the former Spurs man’s signature. Byrne was primarily a right wing-back in Mark Cooper’s 5 man backline for the Robins last season. But after the departures of Andy Williams, Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo, Byrne found himself in a more attacking position. This gave him the freedom to show his class inside the opponents box, rather than tracking back inside his own.
- Coming in at number one is Reading’s loan deal to secure Matej Vydra on a season long loan deal from Premier league new boys Watford. The Czech Republic international was an instrumental part of the Hornets promotion winning campaign last season with 18 goals alongside 6 assists. His proven record fro potent goalscoring at this level make a crucial part in the Royals jigsaw, and as we know goals are always pivotal In any sides promotion chances.